[Bolincentret-at-su.se] Software training: Elmer/Ice 23-24 Oct, U28

Nina Kirchner nina.kirchner at natgeo.su.se
Tue Sep 12 14:44:57 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I would like to draw you attention to a forthcoming software course on
Elmer/Ice, an open source code used for ice-sheet, glacier and ice flow
modeling.

Please distribute among your MSc/PhD students as you see fit, and notify
me by Sept 20 latest if you would like to participate.

Best wishes
Nina

A *2-day beginner Elmer/Ice course* will take place the 23rd and 24th of
October  2017 at the University of Stockholm  just before the North
Branch IGS meeting held in Uppsala.

This 2-day course is dedicated to students or researchers aiming to
start working with Elmer/Ice. It is supported by the University of
Stockholm, CSC,  IGE and the Labex OSUG at 2020.

The number of places is limited to 20, and will be given on the basis of
the first registered, first served. To register, send an email to Nina
Kirchner with your name, affiliation, position and few lines of
motivations to attend the course.

There will be no registration fees, but students will have to take care
of their lodging and attend the course with their own laptop. More
information will be given later on the Elmer/Ice website.

Best regards,
Fabien Gillet-Chaulet, Thomas Zwinger, Olivier Gagliardini, Nina Kirchner