[Drand] Spring meeting 2018 May 18th 13:00

Kess Marks kess.marks at fysik.su.se
Thu May 17 10:34:58 CEST 2018

Hi All,

This is a kind reminder for tomorrow's spring meeting at 13:00 in FD41.

Note that the first part of the meeting will contain a lot of useful information for PhD students as well as the change to ask questions or point out problems to Isa and Lisa from administration, Fredrik Hellberg and Sten Hellman.

The second part of the meeting will be the elections of the new PhD council and of all representation by PhD students within Fysikum. I have attached the new and improved candidate list, note that we are still short on candidates for the PhD-education-committee, which is one of the mot relevant committees for us PhD students.

Also don't forget the on-official third part of the meeting which is a bbq at 17:00 on the terras outside the restaurant. If you wish to do some bbq'ing, a BBQ will be burning and ready to grill whatever you bring. We will provide chips and soda for free and alcoholic beverages will cost 20 sek as usual.

Please join us tomorrow in FD41!

Kess Marks & Emma Anderson

Chairman & Vice-Chairman of the PhD council

Dear PhD students of Fysikum,

The time has come for the yearly PhD-council spring meeting, which will be held on Friday May 18th at 13:00-15:00 in FD41.

At this meeting we will elect a new PhD council board, which is of special interest because many current board members will not return for another term since they will graduate next year. There are 4 vacant spots! Additionally we will elect the PhD-representatives for the various committees within Fysikum.

PhD info: Courses, Licentiate, Teaching!!
In addition to the election the PhD council will report on their activities of the past year, the new employee at administration Lisa Välivainio will be there to be introduced. Sten Hellman will be present to answer questions with regard to the changes for the licentiate rules, broad coarse and introductory coarse. Fredrik Hellberg will be present to discuss and answer questions on the distribution of teaching tasks.

Nominate yourself!
If you are interested in a position, or in continuing a position you had last year, either in the PhD-council board or in one of the committees (see full list and description in attachment), please let me know by email to kess.marks at fysik.su.se<mailto:kess.marks at fysik.su.se>, before Friday 18th 11:00, or if you are prone to making last minutes decisions you can also nominate yourself at the meeting. Feel free to email me with any questions with regard to committees, committee work or nominations as well.

Agenda

  1.  Opening of the meeting
  2.   Meeting formalities
     *   Election of the chairman
     *   Election of Secretary
     *   Election of two revisors
     *   Approval of the minutes from the fall meeting 15-11-2017 (attachment)
  3.
Meeting Fysikum's administration: Lisa & Isa
  4.  Meeting Sten, questions and reflextions on phd studies
  5.  Meeting Fredrik Hellberg, on the division of teaching tasks
  6.  Report by the PhD council
  7.  Elections
     *   PhD-Council Board
     *   Committees
  8.  Question round
  9.  Closing of the meeting
  10. Drinks and BBQ at 17:00

Spring BBQ-Picknick
On the evening of the day of the spring meeting there will be a spring BBQ for all PhD-students and any colleagues you wish to drag along. We will provide drinks for 20 sek apiece and some chips. If you wish to have dinner, a BBQ will be burning and ready to grill whatever you bring. We will make sure that such outdoor games as boules, kubb and garden yatzee are available as entertainment.

Kind regards,