[Drand] Evaluation of the PhD program in Physics

Jesper Norell jesper.norell at fysik.su.se
Thu Oct 18 16:33:42 CEST 2018

Dear all,

our PhD program in physics is currently the subject of evaluation, as a
part of the pilot test of SU's new system for quality insurance that
will soon be applied to all programs.

Our department has prepared a report about e.g. the strengths and
weaknesses of the program, and now the faculty will give it a critical
external review. As a part of this process, the working group has asked
for our input on the report (attached).

If you have any specific comments to the report, e.g. if you feel that
something is missing or not correctly portrayed, then please let either
me or Kajsa know as soon as possible. We will compile your thoughts and
forward them to the working group.

Two important comments:

1. The report is only for the program in "Physics", i.e. it does not
apply to those of you who are instead registered in "Theoretical
physics", "Chemical physics" or "Medical radiation physics".

2. The report is unfortunately written in Swedish. I have forwarded a
wish for the future evaluations to be performed in English. If you do
not speak Swedish but still want to provide input, then please send us
your comments even if you cannot read the current report; we will
forward any points that are not already covered by the report.

All the best,

Jesper, on behalf of the PhD Council board and the Faculty of Science

--
Jesper Norell
PhD Student in Chemical Physics