[Drand] Fwd: Call for summer school supervisors

Magnus Axelsson magnusa at fysik.su.se
Thu Jan 20 15:56:17 CET 2022

Begin forwarded message:

From: Agneta Norén <agneta.noren at dbb.su.se<mailto:agneta.noren at dbb.su.se>>
Subject: Call for summer school supervisors
Date: 20 Jan 2022 15:03:06 CET

Hi all

I would be very grateful if you could spread the information concerning the summer school in your department- thank you - Agneta Norén

Call for supervisors to 2022 Summer school for High school students
Stockholm University Science Faculty (NatFak) annually finances this summers school which has been ran for decades.
2022 we plan to run it 13-23rd June as “normal”. Even if Corona would stay on we plan to keep the small groups separate if needed. Hopefully no “On Line” versions of the projects will take place.
The students (6-10 per group) is supervised mostly by PhD students from the Science faculty (math, biology, chemistr, physics and geosciences)- see youtube film for more general info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRb2t3RDtY&t=10s
The supervisor designs a 2 week project based on their own research work. The supervision covers ca 80% of the 2 weeks´ time. Included is the task to correct the reports during fall. For this 9700 SEK/6 students will be paid. English speaking supervisors are accepted.
 PLEASE- sign up by sending me an email- agneta.noren at dbb.su.se<mailto:agneta.noren at dbb.su.se>. It is a great experience and we need to inspire younger students by introducing them to your world of science!!
For more info don´t hesitate to contact me further

MVH Agneta Norén

Agneta Norén
Senior scientist PhD
Department of Biochemistry and biophysics
Stockholm University
Stockholm
S-10691 Sweden
agneta.noren at dbb.su.se<mailto:agneta.noren at dbb.su.se>