[Drand] Scientific Fika 09/12 – Guilherme Franzmann - 'On the nature of time'

Nikki Arendse nikki.arendse at fysik.su.se
Mon Dec 5 13:38:57 CET 2022

Dear Juniors,

This Friday the 9th of December at 16:00 we will have the last Scientific Fika of the year! Due to the high attendance of the previous events, we will have the talk at the Nordita lunch area where the fika is usually served.

Also remember to fill out this short feedback form before the 16th of December:
https://forms.gle/MUhZyapJr5uZnfzs5

Guilherme Franzmann

On the nature of time

Why can we not change the past? Why do things change only towards the future? What is change? And really, what is time? These questions have been haunting us since before the rise of civilization. They have taken the form of different myths, incorporated into religious views, and nowadays are imprinted in the hardest problems of our scientific theories. A better understanding of the nature of time is likely to play a major role in the conceptual development of a theory of Quantum Gravity as well as refining our models of Cosmology, possibly helping us to comprehend what the Big Bang really was. So, take some time off and come wonder together on the nature of time!!

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Lunch area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12
Please put this date in your calendar and come to discuss interesting science.

We're looking forward to seeing you!
Nadia, Guilherme and Nikki