[Drand] ScientiFika 08/03 – Alessia Ferraro - 'A Soft Introduction to Dynamical Systems'

Nikki Arendse nikki.arendse at fysik.su.se
Fri Mar 8 11:06:21 CET 2024

Dear Juniors, this is a reminder of the ScientiFika today at 16:00 at Nordita. Alessia Ferraro will talk about dynamical systems.

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Fika area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12

We hope to see you there!
Nadia, Guilherme and Nikki

________________________________
It is my pleasure to announce this week's ScientiFika. Join us on Friday the 8th of March at 16:00 for delicious Swedish pastries and an interesting talk by Alessia Ferraro about dynamical systems.

Our brand new website www.scientifika.se<http://www.scientifika.se/> is online! Made by Ludwig Neste.

We're looking for someone to join the ScientiFika organisation committee! Reply to this message if you're interested or would like more information. Deadline: March 15.

Alessia Ferraro

A Soft Introduction to Dynamical Systems

Are you curious about the underlying physics of traffic flow, a swinging pendulum, population growth, and other time-evolving systems? Join ScientiFika this Friday for a concise introduction to the field of dynamical systems. The talk will highlight its fundamental concepts and focus on key issues like nonlinearity, scale separation, and high dimensionality. Through examples ranging from simple chaotic maps to more complex systems like turbulent flows, we will explore the core principles and address the significant challenges within the field. The aim is to offer an accessible yet thorough entry point for those new to dynamical systems, while outlining the open questions and challenges that propel the field forward.

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Fika area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12

We're looking forward to seeing you!
Nadia, Guilherme and Nikki