[Drand] ScientiFika 03/05 – Sebastian Genas - 'Let’s talk about the weather, babe'

Nikki Arendse nikki.arendse at fysik.su.se
Mon Apr 29 08:47:36 CEST 2024

Dear Juniors,

It is my pleasure to announce this week's ScientiFika. Join us on Friday the 3rd of May at 16:00 for delicious Swedish pastries and an interesting talk by Sebastian Genas, a data analyst at Tibber, about weather and green energy.

Sebastian Genas

Let’s talk about the weather, babe

 Discussing the weather has somehow become a symbol of a topic to resort to when conversation runs dry. Which is a shame, because weather is so much more than just small talk - it's integral to renewable energy production. In this talk, I aim to put weather conversations in a new light. As a data scientist at an energy-tech company, I will share insights and anecdotes from within the energy sector. How did Europe survive the energy crisis? And how can new AI-based weather models be used for renewables forecasting? Hopefully, this will give you some weather-related conversation starters that can follow or replace the usual ”Cold outside today, isn’t it?”

Place: NORDITA Floor 6 - Fika area (in-person only).
Address: AlbaNova University Center, Hannes Alfvéns väg 12
www.scientifika.se<http://www.scientifika.se/>

We're looking forward to seeing you!