[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy seminar on Friday 29th of September

Mon Sep 25 10:02:41 CEST 2017

Title: “Exoplanet characterisation with transit spectroscopy”
Speaker: Nikolai Piskunov (Uppsala University)

Friday 29th of September from 10:30 to 11:30 at FC61.

Abstract:
I will present novel data analysis methods for deriving transmission spectra from spectroscopic observations of exoplanets during transits. These methods were developed by Erik Aronsson and myself in anticipation of availability of the CRIRES+ VLT instrument, In the meantime we have applied them to existing data sets with some unexpected results.