[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy seminar Friday 11/01 at 10:30 in FC61

Mon Jan 7 21:00:28 CET 2019

Dear all,
welcome back to the weekly appointment at our astronomy department.

The first speaker of 2019 is Dr. Benedetta Ciardi from the Max Planck Institute of astrophysics in Munich (Germany).
The seminar will take place Friday 11th of January in room FC61 at 10:30. Title and abstract are included below and in the albanova agenda.

Kind regards,
Alexis & Angela

https://www.albanova.se/event/astronomy-seminar-modeling-and-observing-cosmic-reionization/

Title: Modeling and Observing Cosmic Reionization

Abstract: The reionization of the intergalactic medium (IGM) is one of the last mostly unexplored frontiers is observational astrophysics. In this talk I will discuss some recent development in the theoretical modeling of the process which will aid the interpretation of upcoming observations. I will also present prospects in the detection of the 21cm line from neutral hydrogen from the high redshift IGM and what such measurements will reveal about cosmic reionization.

Angela Adamo

Department of Astronomy
Stockholm University and Oskar Klein Centre
SE-10691 Stockholm - Sweden
tel: +46 (0)8 5537 8556
email: angela.adamo at astro.su.se
http://ttt.astro.su.se/~adamo