[Astronomy seminar] [alla at astro.su.se] Astronomy seminar via zoom, TODAY 10:30: Charlotte Angus

Fri Oct 23 09:54:52 CEST 2020

Hi All,

Here is a kind reminder our seminar by Charlotte Angus will start within 36mins.  :)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62386719493

Cheers,
Janet & Arjan

On 19 Oct 2020, at 11:41, Janet Ting-Wan Chen <janet.chen at astro.su.se<mailto:janet.chen at astro.su.se>> wrote:

Dear all,

On Friday October 23 at 10:30 we will have the next Astronomy Seminar, remotely via zoom.

Our speaker is Charlotte Angus from the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen.

Title: Exotic Transients with The Young Supernova Experiment.

Abstract: The Young Supernova Experiment (YSE) is a new a wide-field, multiband (griz) survey using the Pan-STARRS telescopes with a unique observing strategy, ‘foreshadowing' the public Zwicky Transient Factory (ZTF) fields to greater depth. The combined effective cadence of YSE+ZTF and its deep multiband observations primes YSE for early identification of a broad range of cosmic phenomena; from young supernovae to exotic nuclear transients. I will demonstrate some of the unique insights YSE can provide for a wide variety of transients, and present some of the highlights from the first year of operations, including a tidal disruption event from an intermediate mass black hole candidate.

https://www.albanova.se/event/charlotte_angus/

We will have the colloquium using zoom. You will find the invitation at the end of this email.

Some guidelines:

1) Join the session with your microphone muted.

2) When you have a question, press the “raise hand button” and wait till you are asked to ask your question.

3) The session will be online from 10:20, please join at least a few minutes early as we would like to start 10:30 sharp.

We hope to see all of you there!

Arjan & Janet

Upcoming events:
30/10: Höstlov
6/11:  Jorryt Matthee (ETH, Zurich)

Janet Ting-Wan Chen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Astronomy Seminar Charlotte Angus
Time: Oct 23, 2020 10:30 AM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62386719493

Meeting ID: 623 8671 9493
One tap mobile
+46850539728,,62386719493# Sweden
+46844682488,,62386719493# Sweden

Dial by your location
        +46 850 539 728 Sweden
        +46 8 4468 2488 Sweden
        +46 8 5016 3827 Sweden
        +46 8 5050 0828 Sweden
        +46 8 5050 0829 Sweden
        +46 8 5052 0017 Sweden
Meeting ID: 623 8671 9493
Find your local number: https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/u/cdFcV5nM9W

Join by SIP
62386719493 at 109.105.112.236<mailto:62386719493 at 109.105.112.236>
62386719493 at 109.105.112.235<mailto:62386719493 at 109.105.112.235>

Join by H.323
109.105.112.236
109.105.112.235
Meeting ID: 623 8671 9493