[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy seminar via zoom, 23 April 14:00: Marta Reina-Campos

Mon Apr 19 14:17:01 CEST 2021

Dear all,

On Friday April 23 at **14:00**, we will have the next Astronomy Seminar, remotely via zoom.
Please be aware of the time change of this seminar, only one time change, we will be back to normal 10:30 schedule next week.

Our speaker is Marta Reina-Campos from the McMaster University, Canada.

Title: Modelling massive stellar cluster formation and evolution in a cosmic environment

Abstract: Stellar clusters are present in the local Universe in a variety of environments, from the current cluster formation sites in the disks of the Antennae galaxies to the old GC population that mostly populates the halo of the Milky Way. This implies that their evolution is tightly linked to that of their host galaxy. To understand the observed cluster populations, I will discuss the hypothesis that GCs are the relics of regular cluster formation at high redshift that survived until the present day. For that, I'll use the suite of  25 present day Milky Way-mass cosmological zoom-in simulations from E-MOSAICS project (Pfeffer+2018, Kruijssen+2019). These simulations enable the self-consistent study of the formation and co-evolution of stellar clusters and their host galaxies through cosmic time. I will show that GC populations trace the DM halo of their host galaxies, opening a novel avenue to explore the structure of DM haloes beyond the Local Group. Lastly, I will also discuss how this description can be improved by considering the formation and evolution of stellar clusters in the cold and dense cosmic environments of the EMP-Pathfinder simulations (Reina-Campos+ in prep.).

https://www.albanova.se/event/marta_reina-campos/

We will have the colloquium using zoom. You will find the invitation at the end of this email.

Some guidelines:

1) Join the session with your microphone muted.

2) When you have a question, press the “raise hand button” and wait till you are asked to ask your question.

3) The session will be online from 13:50, please join at least a few minutes early as we would like to start 14:00 sharp.

We hope to see all of you there!

Matthias & Janet

Upcoming events:
30/04: Alexis Brandeker (Stockholm University)
07/05: Kristopher Youakim (Stockholm University)
14/05: Klämdag

Janet Ting-Wan Chen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Astronomy Seminar Marta Reina-Campos
Time: Apr 23, 2021 02:00 PM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/63117038323?pwd=ZW1vZXFoU2orKzBkaEx4dlNncGJ1dz09

Meeting ID: 631 1703 8323
Passcode: 546834
One tap mobile
+46850539728,,63117038323#,,,,*546834# Sweden
+46844682488,,63117038323#,,,,*546834# Sweden

Dial by your location
        +46 850 539 728 Sweden
        +46 8 4468 2488 Sweden
        +46 8 5016 3827 Sweden
        +46 8 5050 0828 Sweden
        +46 8 5050 0829 Sweden
        +46 8 5052 0017 Sweden
Meeting ID: 631 1703 8323
Passcode: 546834
Find your local number: https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/u/cbPtmC5y5E

Join by SIP
63117038323 at 109.105.112.236<mailto:63117038323 at 109.105.112.236>
63117038323 at 109.105.112.235<mailto:63117038323 at 109.105.112.235>

Join by H.323
109.105.112.236
109.105.112.235
Meeting ID: 631 1703 8323