[Astronomy seminar] Astronomy Department Seminar - April 1st Haakon Andresen

Sun Mar 27 22:50:34 CEST 2022

Hello

On Friday the 1st of April at 10:30, Haakon Andresen (Stockholm) will be
giving our next seminar. This will be our first hybrid seminar - you are
welcome to either attend in person in FC61 or via Zoom. After the
seminar we will going for lunch with Haakon at Proviant.

*Core-collapse Supernovae and Gravitational Waves: Where we stand and
questions for the future*

While significant progress has been made due to the advent of
multi-dimensional numerical simulations, the exact nature of the
core-collapse supernova has yet to be fully illuminated. Detecting
gravitational waves from a core-collapse supernova would give us insight
into the explosion mechanism. I will discuss the current status of
core-collapse gravitational-wave astronomy, the progress made over the
last decade, and open questions. Based on the aforementioned topics, I
will motivate and describe the research I am currently performing at the
department.

Thanks
Chris and Carolina

Christopher Usher is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Astronomy Department Seminar - Haakon Andresen
Time: Apr 1, 2022 10:30 AM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/68153379147?pwd=T0lrYzVUN1I4MGhGRFBQQ1RDYUdIUT09

Meeting ID: 681 5337 9147