[Astronomy seminar] Reminder : Astronomy departmental seminar Friday March 15 at 10:30am - Joseph Lewis

Fri Mar 15 09:51:00 CET 2024

Dear all,

This is a reminder of the weekly SU astronomy departmental seminar that will take place today at 10:30am in room FC61 (AlbaNova building, 6th floor) and on zoom :

(https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62211269644?pwd=K0J2eVVMa3pTa1JVN2lyRUJPR3Rjdz09).

___________________

Speaker: Joseph Lewis (Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris)
Title: Understanding the first galaxies
Event: https://indico.fysik.su.se/event/8568/

<https://indico.fysik.su.se/event/8568/>
Abstract:
We live in exciting times, where great strides are being made in the detection and description of the most distant and early galaxies. Constraining the population of the first galaxies is a key task in understanding galaxy formation, but to this day, much about these primordial objects still eludes us. In this talk, I will present the Reionization of the IGM as a complementary probe of the population of early galaxies. To that end, I will highlight various numerical projects aimed at better understanding the formation of the first galaxies, how they drive Reionization, and advancing the interpretation of galaxy and IGM observations.
___________________

We look forward to seeing many of you there. Thanks!

Adur, Adélaïde, and Sanja

Upcoming Events:
2024-03-22 Khaled Al Moulla
2024-03-29 ** No seminar **
2024-04-05 Simon Ringqvist
2024-04-12 Alex Riley
2024-04-19 Arthur Choplin
2024-04-26 Dominique Petit
2024-05-03 Gang Li

You can subscribe to the seminars calendar in:
https://ttt.astro.su.se/ical/astro-seminars.ics
(Please note that calendar can be subject to updates)

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/62211269644?pwd=K0J2eVVMa3pTa1JVN2lyRUJPR3Rjdz09
Meeting ID: 622 1126 9644; Password : 593083