[Socbin] Fwd: Principal Investigator position for IMP group at SGC, Oxford

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Wed Jun 25 13:28:53 CEST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Susanne Muller-Knapp <Susanne.Muller-Knapp at sgc.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Subject: Principal Investigator position for IMP group at SGC, Oxford
To: arne at bioinfo.se

 Dear Prof. Eloffson

I would appreciate your help in identifying a candidate for a

new position in the Structural Genomics Consortium (SGC) in the University

of Oxford. As you might know the SGC is a charity organization that includes
~200

researchers in laboratories in the universities of Oxford, Toronto and the

Karolinska Institute. Our goal is to solve structures of medically

significant human proteins and deposit them immediately in public

databases. We also pursue biochemical investigations on our target

proteins, both in-house and through a network of collaborators.

We are now expanding our efforts to solve structures of human integral

membrane proteins.The present PI of the Integral Membrane

Protein group, is leaving, and we are

seeking a new PI for the team. The candidate should have a demonstrated

experience and a publication record in structural biology of membrane

proteins. The group will include ~8 people, and is additionally supported

by a substantial infrastructure and collaborations with molecular

biologists, crystallographers, biophysicists and informaticians in the

other teams. Currently funded until 2011, it offers an excellent

opportunity to develop a strong research program and a reputation as a

group leader.

If you have such a person in mind, I would be grateful if you could forward
him/her this

information. Applications should preferably be sent by July 11th.

More details are available at the following links:

*http://www.sgc.ox.ac.uk*

*http://www.sgc.ox.ac.uk/jobs/H908014.html*

With kind regards

Susanne

Dr. Susanne Müller-Knapp

Scientific Coordinator
SGC
Old Road Campus Research Building
Old Road Campus
Roosevelt Drive
Headington
Oxford OX3 7DQ
http://www.sgc.ox.ac.uk

phone + 44 1865 617587
Fax:    + 44 1865 617575
Email: susanne.muller-knapp at sgc.ox.ac.uk

Prof. Arne Elofsson Dep of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Tel:+46-8-16 4672 Stockholm University
Fax:+46-8-15 3679 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Directions: see http://bioinfo.se/misc/directions.html
Net: arne at bioinfo.se http://bioinfo.se/