[Socbin] ECCB 2010 - Call for Posters

Jaak Vilo vilo at ut.ee
Fri May 7 10:30:01 CEST 2010

=== Apologies for multiple postings          ===
=== Please distribute widely within your lab ===

Dear Colleague,

The European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB10) will be held
on September 26-29, 2010 in Ghent, Belgium.

       === POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 20, 2010 ===

                    www.eccb10.org

ECCB10 is the key European computational biology event in 2010 uniting
scientists working in a broad range of disciplines, including
bioinformatics, computational biology, medicine, biology, and systems
biology. This year we have had a record number of 216 manuscript
submissions. We are thus looking forward to a fruitful scientific meeting.

Ghent is centrally located in Western Europe and is reachable by car
within a day of travel from most cities in The Netherlands, Germany,
Switzerland, France, and the UK. It is also easily reachable by
high-speed train since Belgium is a hub of the European high-speed rail
networks (Thalys, Eurostar, TGV, and ICE).

Ghent is one of Europe's most exciting medieval settings, a glorious
eclectic city with spectacular buildings and a vivid cultural experience
(National Geographic Traveler recently ranked it 3rd best historic place
to visit internationally). Ghent is directly accessible by train from
Brussels airport. The conference venue is highly convenient and located
in a beautiful park within the city center.

We invite you to submit posters in any area of computational biology and
bioinformatics. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
* Sequence analysis, alignment, and next-generation sequencing
* Comparative genomics, phylogeny, and evolution
* Protein & nucleotide structure
* Annotation and prediction of molecular function
* Gene regulation and transcriptomics
* Text mining, ontologies, and databases
* Protein interactions, molecular networks, and systems biology
* Genomic medicine
* Other bioinformatics applications

Posters, representing condensed descriptions of ongoing work, will be
displayed during the meeting. Posters should describe original,
interesting, and solid scientific content that is relevant to
bioinformatics and computational biology. See guidelines at
http://www.eccb10.org/index.php/guidelines/posters. At least one of the
authors of the poster will have to attend the meeting. The presenting
author of each poster must register for the conference by the early
registration deadline of August 13, 2010 for the poster to be included
in the program.

We kindly request that you forward this announcement to the members of
your team.

We look forward to welcoming you to Ghent.

The ECCB10 Organizing Committee

www.eccb10.org

ECCB10 KEY DATES

POSTERS
* Call for posters open - January 10, 2010
* Poster submission deadline - June 20, 2010
* Poster acceptance notification - July 11, 2010

PAPERS
* Call for papers open - January 10, 2010 - CLOSED
* Paper submission deadline - April 9, 2010 - CLOSED
* Paper acceptance notification - June 4, 2010
* Submission of final version of accepted papers deadline - June 18, 2010

WORKSHOPS AND TUTORIALS
* Call for tutorials and workshops open - January 10, 2010 - CLOSED
* Workshop and tutorial submission deadline - March 26, 2010 - CLOSED
* Workshop and tutorial acceptance notification - April 23, 2010 - CLOSED

INDUSTRY AND DEMO TRACK
* Call for software demos and industrial presentations open - January
10, 2010
* Industry and demo track submission deadline - June 3, 2010
* Industry and demo track acceptance notification - June 24, 2010

REGISTRATION
* Registration open - May 7, 2010
* Early registration deadline - August 13, 2010

CONFERENCE
* Workshop and tutorials - Sunday September 26, 2010
* Conference opening - Sunday evening, September 26, 2010
* Main conference (proceedings, posters, and industry/demo track) -
September 26-29, 2010