[SocBiN] Postdoc in Multivariate Dynamics of Cancer Cell Signaling

Rune Linding rune.linding at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:48:51 CEST 2012

Dear all,

we are announcing this job opening. Please distribute to interested parties
globally.

Best wishes,
Rune
-------------

Postdoc in Multivariate Dynamics of Cancer Cell Signaling
*[PDF<http://www.lindinglab.org:8080/Plone/external-files/jobads/JNK_postdoc_WWW_Apr2012.pdf>
][DTU<http://www.dtu.dk/English/About_DTU/vacancies.aspx?guid=51290fb8-33a6-43c4-8138-551d818c2b8b>
][APPLY<http://ssl1.peoplexs.com/Peoplexs22/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?PortalID=946&VacatureID=211137&CustomerCode=DTU1>
]*
*
*
[image: Job opportunities]

The Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG), http://www.lindinglab.org,
is a network biology research group located at the Department of Systems
Biology at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). Our department
represents one of the largest network biology centers in academia and has a
highly multi-disciplinary profile. In our lab, we explore biological
systems by developing and deploying algorithms aimed at predicting cell
behavior with accuracy similar to that of weather or aircraft models. Our
focus is on studying cellular signal processing and decision-making.

*Job description
*A postdoc position is available in Professor Dr Rune Linding’s lab.
Professor Linding is a world-leading network biologist whose laboratory is
interested in the mechanisms by which cells use signaling networks to
respond and adapt to changes in their environment. We are seeking highly
motivated, bright researchers to join our highly dynamic, productive and
stimulating lab.

In this position, the successful applicant will work in a fast-paced
dynamic environment, performing studies to advance research into biological
and complex systems in order to develop new understanding of evolution and
therapies of human diseases.

We are seeking an experienced and motivated postdoc to work on a project
related to our recent studies on phosphorylation networks (Bakal, Linding
et al. Science 2008<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy3_of_paper-template>
, Tan et al. Science
2009<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy6_of_paper-template>
and 2011<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-dtu/copy18_of_paper-template>
, Tan et al. Science Signaling
2009<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy7_of_paper-template>
 and Jørgensen et al. Science
2009<http://www.lindinglab.org/Publications/lindinglab-icr-2008-present/copy12_of_paper-template>).
We will use our previously established JNK network as a basis to
systematically investigate dysregulation of this network in cancer by
combining computational modelling with quantitative phospho-proteomics and
high-throughput imaging. The project involves a collaboration with Prof
Doug Lauffenburger’s lab at MIT (Boston, USA).

*Qualifications
*Candidates must hold a PhD degree in systems biology, biological
engineering or another relevant field, and have experience in computational
modeling. Experience in mammalian tissue culture, cell imaging, signal
transduction, quantitative proteomics or phospho-proteomics is a distinct
advantage.

The post-holder must be keen to generate, analyze and computationally
integrate large-scale quantitative data to reach a deeper understanding of
the data at hand.

*Salary and terms of employment
*The postdoctoral salary in Denmark is one of the best world-wide and
foreign researchers will be able to enter the country on a low tax rate
(26%), while remaining fully eligible for all public services of the Danish
well-fare society. The candidate will receive a high monthly retirement
supplement in addition to the salary.

The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the
Confederation of Professional Associations, and the relevant union
negotiates the allowance.

The period of employment is 2-3 years with the possibility of extension.

*DTU offers
*The C-SIG lab is part of the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis (CBS)
at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). CBS represents one of the
largest systems- and computational biology centers in academia and has a
highly multi-disciplinary profile. DTU strives for academic excellence,
collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading
technical university in Europe and ranks with the best universities in the
world. We offer a highly attractive salary and the opportunity to take part
in a frontier research program combating cancer.

*Further information
*Further information may be obtained from Prof Rune Linding, Phone: +45
2365 1941 or linding at cbs.dtu.dk.

*Do NOT send applications to this e-mail address, but use the electronic
submission system - see below!*

You can read more about the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis on
http://www.cbs.dtu.dk and about Rune Linding’s Research Group at
http://www.lindinglab.org.

*Application procedure
*We must have your online application by *15 May 2012*. To apply, please
open the link "apply for this job online" below and fill in the application
form and attach your application, CV and diploma. The material that should
be given consideration in the assessment must be attached.

Applications should be submitted in English.

Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be
considered.

All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability,
religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.

--

Rune Linding - Research Group Leader, Guest Professor, PhD

Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG) - http://www.lindinglab.org

Center for Biological Sequence Analysis (CBS) - http://www.cbs.dtu.dk

Department of Systems Biology - Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

Building 301, DK-2800 Lyngby, DENMARK - Phone: +45 2365 1941

$CURRENT_TIMEZONE=CET

$CURRENT_EVENT_HORIZON=2 Weeks

 <http://www.networkbio.org>