[SocBiN] Fwd: New Graduate School - Quantitative Biosciences Munich (deadline Jan 15, 2013)

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Mon Nov 26 22:27:49 CET 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erik Aurell <eaurell at kth.se>
Date: Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Subject: New Graduate School - Quantitative Biosciences Munich
(deadline Jan 15, 2013)
To: "eusysbiostudents at csc.kth.se" <eusysbiostudents at csc.kth.se>,
"cb-staff at csc.kth.se" <cb-staff at csc.kth.se>
Cc: Ozan Öktem <ozan at kth.se>, Magnus Ekeberg
<magnus.ekeberg at gmail.com>, Wouter van der Wijngaart <wouter at kth.se>

(forwarded mail)

Dear Colleague,

As part of the German Excellence Initiative we have established the
new Graduate School 'Quantitative Biosciences Munich (QBM)'. The
school seeks to prepare young life scientists for the emerging era of
quantitative, systems-oriented bioscience. It provides an innovative,
international PhD training program that bridges the divide between
traditionally separate disciplines, from biochemistry and medicine to
bioinformatics, experimental and theoretical biophysics, and applied
mathematics. For more information, visit our website
www.qbm.lmu.de<http://www.qbm.lmu.de>. The deadline for the first
round of student applications is January 15, 2013.

We would be delighted if you could help spread the word about this new
exciting enterprise amongst your students and colleagues. For your
convenience, we have attached a flier with all pertinent information,
which you can print and post or send to interested parties.

Many thanks for your support and best regards,

Ulrike Gaul and Erwin Frey

Coordinators of QBM

--

Prof. Dr. Ulrike Gaul

Alexander von Humboldt-Professor

Gene Center, Dept. of Biochemistry

LMU Munich

Feodor-Lynen-Strasse 25

81377 Munich

Germany

phone. +49 (0)89 2180 76878

email. gaul at genzentrum.lmu.de<mailto:gaul at genzentrum.lmu.de>

web. www.gaul-lab.genzentrum.lmu.de<http://www.gaul-lab.genzentrum.lmu.de>

Personal Assistant:

Dr. Sabine Bergelt

phone. +49 (0)89 2180 76879

email. bergelt at genzentrum.lmu.de<mailto:bergelt at genzentrum.lmu.de>

--

Yours

Arne
*
*
* Arne Elofsson            Science for Life Laboratory*
* Tel:+46-(0)852481531     Stockholm University*
* http://bioinfo.se/      Box 1031, *
* Email: arne at bioinfo.se   17121 Solna, Sweden*