[SocBiN] Wanted: PhD and postdoc in T cell systems biology, MIMS

mahogny at areta.org mahogny at areta.org
Wed May 1 13:26:30 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I am setting up shop in UmeƄ, MIMS (the swedish nordic partner of EMBL),
and hope to soon be able to announce a PhD and postdoc position.

http://www.henlab.org/what-we-do/

The goal is to build a quantitative model explaining all aspects of
human CD4 T cells, using explainable machine learning methods on a
plethora of omics datasets that we will generate (I also welcome groups
specialized on different pathways who want to help curate/interpret the
data, as a collaboration)

In many ways this is a follow up on previous work on CRISPR and
single-cell methods that I have developed at Sanger. See e.g.
https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(18)31569-1.pdf

While not set in stone, I could imagine the prospective PhD student
having a physics/math/programming background, while the postdoc has a
more mixed wet/dry profile (e.g. having produced and analyzed
RNA/ChIP/single cell-seq data ideal)

For more details, visit http://www.henlab.org/join-us/

Best wishes,
Johan Henriksson