[SocBiN] Position for Ph.D. studies, Tampere University

Andre Ribeiro andre.sanchesribeiro at tuni.fi
Fri Aug 7 10:41:32 CEST 2020

FYI,

We have a new, open position for a Ph.D. student at the Laboratory of
Biosystem Dynamics <https://sites.google.com/view/andreribeirolab/home>  of
Tampere University <https://www.tuni.fi/en>  for someone with a Masters'
degree in either Computational or Systems Biology, Biophysics, Signal
Processing, Biostatistics, Biotechnology or Biomedical Engineering, etc.

The position is for 4 years with possible extension (renewed every year).
Starting date is flexible (February 2021 is the ideal date).

Project: Gene networks perform continuous, semi-parallel, information
processing, while being robust to noise. Understanding how this is achieved
remains a key question in Life Sciences. This project will study information
propagation in bacterial Gene Networks. We will use methods from
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Signal Processing, and
Network and Information Sciences, and we will be supported by Single-Cell
and Omics laboratory data produced in-house. Understanding how information
flows between genes should provide insights into how to produce novel
antibiotics and synthetic genetic circuits for bioindustrial processes.

For more information, visit:
https://sites.google.com/view/andreribeirolab/home/new-position-open

I would be grateful if you could forward this message to anyone that you
think it may be interested.

best regards,

Andre

Contacts:

Andre S. Ribeiro, Professor (tenured). PI, Laboratory of Biosystem Dynamics

Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology, Tampere University.

E-mail: andre.sanchesribeiro at tuni.fi <mailto:andre.sanchesribeiro at tuni.fi>

Webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/andreribeirolab/home

Scholar: https://scholar.google.fi/citations?user=crgkkrYAAAAJ
<https://scholar.google.fi/citations?user=crgkkrYAAAAJ&hl=en> &hl=en