[SocBiN] Postdoc/research scientist position in machine learning and variation interpretation

Mauno Vihinen mauno.vihinen at med.lu.se
Mon Feb 3 16:10:14 CET 2020

Protein Structure and Bioinformatics Group (http://structure.bmc.lu.se/)
is  looking for a research scientist/postdoctoral fellow to work in
Vetenskapsrådet (Swedish Research Council) supported project to develop
artificial intelligence/machine learning methods for variation
interpretation. Our group has developed several of the most reliable
prediction methods in the world for sorting out harmful variants and for
predicting the causative mechanisms (at DNA, RNA, protein, structure,
function etc levels). We are looking for a fellow to continue this
successful research line. Our predictors include e.g. PON-P2, PON-MMR2,
PON-Tstab and PON-mt-tRNA.

The position is for two years and open immediately. The position is at
the Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University and
located at the Biomedical Center (BMC).

More information and instructions for application are available at
https://lu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:313523/
The position is called for assistant researcher (biträdande forskare in
Swedish) and equals to a postdoctoral fellow.

The application deadline is February 17th.

For further information, contact Mauno Vihinen (mauno.vihinen at med.lu.se).

--
Mauno Vihinen
Professor of Medical Structural Biology
Department of Experimental Medical Science
Lund University
BMC B13
SE-22184 Lund
Sweden