[SocBiN] Post-doc positions at Oslo in mental health bioinformatics

Jussi Paananen jussi.paananen at uef.fi
Sun May 10 14:06:19 CEST 2020

On behalf of Professor Soili Lehto,

My group (https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/mind-and-brain-in-the-systemic-context) will relocate to the University of Oslo, Norway, in the coming September, and we are expanding and looking for two post docs to join our ranks while I take up a position as Professor in Psychiatry at the Oslo University and Akershus University Hospital.

The two post docs will work in a new multi-cohort project where we seek to identify factors that predict the interplay between depression and physical health in longitudinal settings. In this project, we utilize several large clinical and population based datasets, and -omics approaches.

Ideal post doc candidates are proactive with a good publication record, and have a background in statistics and/or bioinformatics, and experience with -omics methods and large population based samples. Knowledge on research into mental health is considered an advantage.

We offer an opportunity to report unique data and participate in multiple co-authored publications. We also place a high level of importance on mentoring to support the post docs' career development.

Interested candidates can contact the group leader, Dr Soili Lehto at soili.lehto at helsinki.fi<mailto:soili.lehto at helsinki.fi> for more information.