[SocBiN] Scientific Developer at Intomics, Lyngby (Copenhagen)

Rasmus Borup Hansen rbh at intomics.com
Wed Oct 14 15:57:46 CEST 2020

Scientific Developer

Would you like to build bioinformatics systems that make a difference?

As Scientific Developer you will use your scientific background as well as your Python and web programming skills and knowledge of Linux systems to build IT systems for various bioinformatics projects.

At Intomics we collaborate closely with our clients from the pharmaceutical industry on building systems to support research and analysis of biomedical data, on discovering new drugs and biomarkers, and on finding the most effective treatments for patients. We are specialized in the analysis and integration of genomic and biomedical big data. Typical projects include data management of large amounts of data, implementing specialized processing pipelines, or designing, developing and maintaining bioinformatics tools for analysis or data presentation.

We are looking for a bioinformatician with focus on 'informatics', and the ideal candidate has the following key qualifications:
Strong programming skills in Python and possibly other languages
A good understanding of working in a Linux environment
Experience with web programming
Good communication, collaboration and documentation skills
A commercial mindset
The ambition to become a project manager
Knowledge of relational, graph or NoSQL databases

Your workday at Intomics will be both fun and challenging. You will get the opportunity to use your experience to find the best technical solutions to meet the needs of our clients in close collaboration with your experienced and dedicated colleagues.

Intomics as your next career step?

We are a small company allowing us to operate in an agile and informal environment. We are characterized by having world-class expertise while maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong company culture. We offer a workplace with a friendly and informal atmosphere, where you will be collaborating with colleagues who hold a strong scientific background and are passionate about finding innovative solutions together.

We are a value driven organization who work with dedication and efficiency, while maintaining a high degree of flexibility to keep a healthy work-life balance, ensuring a high level of employee satisfaction.

You will be part of the Informatics department and work out of our office in Lyngby, Denmark.

Please send your motivated application, CV and references to applications-2001 at intomics.com <mailto:applications-2001 at intomics.com> in pdf, no later than 6th of November 2020.