[SocBiN] PhD student position in Evolutionary Genomics, Stockholm University

Tanja Slotte Tanja.Slotte at scilifelab.se
Tue Sep 8 09:15:53 CEST 2020

*PhD student position at Stockholm University*

We have an opening for a PhD student as part of the Swedish Research Council funded project “The role of structural variation for the origin and evolution of a classic supergene”. Within this project, the student will generate and analyse comparative genomic and population genomic data from wild flaxseed species (Linum) to test hypotheses on the origin and evolution of the distyly supergene.

We are looking for applicants with a strong background and interest in evolutionary genetics, and a desire to work with genomic analyses. Experience of bioinformatic analyses is a merit.
The position is for 4 years, and the deadline to apply is September 28, 2020. The PhD student will be based in the research group of Dr. Tanja Slotte (http://tanjaslottelab.se).

Full ad and information on how to apply at the Stockholm University website: https://bit.ly/2QX31SL

For more information, please contact Dr. Tanja Slotte directly at tanja.slotte at su.se.

Tanja Slotte
PhD, Associate Professor
SciLifeLab Fellow
Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences (DEEP)
Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm

E-mail: tanja.slotte at su.se