[SocBiN] Bioinformatics / Data science position at Holm group, Helsinki

Törönen, Petri petri.toronen at helsinki.fi
Wed Apr 21 12:30:46 CEST 2021

Dear all,
Apologies, if you receive this email multiple times. Are you interested to work on data analysis and bioinformatics on various biological dataset? Are you interested to work on projects that are guaranteed to generate scientific publications?  Liisa Holm’s bioinformatics group at the Viikki campus of the University of Helsinki is looking for a bioinformatician, data scientist or statistician to assist us in RNA-sequencing (RNA-seq) data analysis. The position is suitable for a recently graduated or advanced master’s student. The position will start this summer and lasts preliminarily six months.

We have collaborations with different research groups that generate RNA-seq datasets. Although the research topics range from colorectal cancer to plant-based food production, the research methods are quite similar across the applications. See attachment for more information. Furthermore, the position can be later extended to our work with novel analysis methods.

We provide our expertise on RNA-seq bioinformatics, robust classifiers and evaluation metrics for data analysis, and excellent computing resources. We require good understanding of R and Unix. We expect background knowledge on bioinformatics, statistics and data mining methods. We are looking for a person who is interested in scientific work and is able to work also independently. The work will be done mostly remotely and meetings will be held mostly via zoom.

To apply, send CV, letter of motivation and optionally names of two references to petri.toronen AT helsinki.fi by May 15th 2021. Feel free to contact us for more information, if you are interested. Attachment gives again more information.

Yours
Petri Törönen