[SocBiN] Bioinformatician, Single-cell Genomics & Target Discovery

Rasmus Borup Hansen rbh at intomics.com
Mon Dec 20 20:18:42 CET 2021

About the job

Do you have a passion for data-driven biology to improve human health?

Do you want to push the boundaries of bioinformatics to make new biomedical discoveries possible?

Then we have the job for you.

The job

We are seeking a curious and experienced bioinformatician with a knack for translating Omics data to new biological discoveries. You will be part of the External Research & Innovation department that helps leading pharma and biotech companies derive core biological insights from biomedical big data analysis.

This role is ideal for someone with an interest in lifelong learning and being at the frontiers of new bioinformatics techniques. This position exposes you to a diverse, exciting and challenging project portfolio that covers a wide range of the pharma value chain: from GWAS hits to Target Discovery to cell-type-specific Mode-of-Action.

The ideal candidate has broad experience with single-cell genomics data, and an interest in applying and designing new and powerful tools for discovery of drug targets, and a passion for bringing cutting-edge research to real applications.

You will play a leading role in impacting how data and bioinformatics are used in the life science and pharmaceutical industries. Responsibility, exciting challenges, and ongoing development are guaranteed in this position.

Your key tasks include
Lead bioinformatics analysis of large-scale genomic and biomedical datasets to address biological questions with statistical confidence
Design and plan scientific projects in close collaborations with our project teams, by translating clients’ aims and needs into state-of-the-art scientific and technical solutions
Disseminate findings to project stakeholders (e.g. executives and scientists) via creative visualizations, clear-cut presentations and documents
Initiate and execute innovative internal R&D projects at the nexus of target discovery and single-cell genomics
Contribute to the development of new efficient workflows and package pipelines for AI/ML-based bioinformatics applications

Your qualifications
Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics or related fields (or MSc with at least 4-6 years of work experience)
2+ years experience working with single-cell genomics data (scRNA-seq and preferably other modalities)
Knowledge and experience analyzing and integrating Omics data types (e.g. genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics)
Excellent data science and programming skills in R and Python
A solid understanding of human cell/molecular/disease biology
Strong foundation in statistics and machine learning
Proficiency with structuring projects and code for robust, generalizable, and reproducible data analysis
Experience with Agile project management tools (e.g. GitLab)
Proficiency with Linux, Git version control and high-performance computing environments
Advanced data visualization skills
Excellent communication and presentation skills. The ability to explain complex analytical concepts to clients and people from other fields
Strong team-oriented mindset and interpersonal skills. You contribute to a diverse, open and collaborative working environment, and prioritize knowledge sharing

Your extra qualifications
Experience with Target Discovery and Pharmacoinformatics methods
Broad experience with human genetics and the analysis of large-scale genomic association studies
Knowledge of network biology approaches
Broad experience with large Omics public consortia data sets and databases (e.g. GTEx, HCA, etc)
Experience with pipelines and workflow management (e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow)
Mentor and train team members, advising on methodologies and best practices to help overcome technical obstacles
Client-facing skills and are curious about customer problems
Naturally seeks creativity, innovation and excellence in your work
You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive positive change. You contribute with a forward-thinking attitude and develop proposals to enhance existing processes and practices. You have a can-do entrepreneurial spirit and interest in commercial opportunities and collaborations.

Your new team

You will be a part of a fast-growing company with an agile, vibrant environment and world-class expertise. You can look forward to a strong social and collaborative company culture - built bottom-up by curious, ambitious and good humans. By joining Intomics, you will become part of a value-driven organization that works with dedication and efficiency while maintaining a high degree of flexibility and a good work-life balance.

Your will work out of our attractively located office in Lyngby, North of Copenhagen, Denmark.

About Intomics

We’re on a mission to lead data-driven biology to improve human health. We derive core biological insights from the integration and analysis of biomedical big data. We collaborate closely with our clients in the biotech & pharmaceutical industry, and exploit the synergy between our clients’ specific disease knowledge and our unique data analytics expertise and technology. Together we make a difference for patients. This is what drives the people of Intomics. To learn more about Intomics visit https://www.intomics.com/.

Contact and application

Please send your motivated application, CV and references to applications-2105 at intomics.com <mailto:applications-2105 at intomics.com> no later than January 14th, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.

Questions can be directed to Pascal N. Timshel, Team Leader Target Discovery & Single-cell Genomics

Your application will be treated in accordance with our policies for processing of personal data incorporating the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2840741037/ <https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2840741037/>
https://www.intomics.com/open-vacancies/bioinformatician-single-cell-genomics-target-discovery/ <https://www.intomics.com/open-vacancies/bioinformatician-single-cell-genomics-target-discovery/>