[SocBiN] Permanent Bioinformatician position at SciLifeLab in Uppsala, Sweden

Henrik Lantz henrik.lantz at nbis.se
Thu Feb 18 10:56:09 CET 2021

Dear all,

The bioinformatics platform (NBIS) at SciLifeLab is looking for a new expert to join the organisation in Uppsala, Sweden. The position focuses on giving support to Swedish researchers in bioinformatics, and could dependent on the competences of the applicant involve many different types of analyses. We think experience with non-model organisms and areas such as genome annotation or population genomics will be beneficial for this position, but most of all we want to find the right person for the organisation. Solid experience in sequence-based bioinformatics and good technical competence is more important than experience from a specific type of analysis.

NBIS is one of the larger bioinformatics infrastructures in Europe, with over 100 experts employed. To be a support expert in NBIS means being involved in exciting research projects together with researchers from all over Sweden. The variety of projects encountered will give you ample opportunity to learn and expand your competence into new areas, all with the support of your fellow experts.

The position is permanent with a 6 month trial period, and deadline is Mar 22.

Please see here for more information and how to register:
https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=381399 <https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=381399>

You are very welcome to contact henrik.lantz at nbis.se <mailto:henrik.lantz at nbis.se> if you have any questions!

Best regards,
Henrik