[SocBiN] Job openings for "Assistant professor in data-driven cell and molecular biology"

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Thu Jun 17 14:12:30 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues

Sorry for disturbing you.

We have a number of extremely good positions in Sweden with deadlines in
the fall. They are tenure track and funded by a new initiative by the
Wallenberg foundation with approximately $2M in startup funding. Additional
funding will be available to apply for. The main rule is that you have to
be within 5 years from your PhD (with additional time allowed for parental
leave, military service etc). In total there are 20 positions, with
approximately 5 of these relevant to our community (the others are in
Precision medicine, evolution and biodiversity, epidemiology and infection
biology)

The title of all position is "Assistant professor in data-driven cell and
molecular biology", but a slight variation on the descriptions exist (but
in principle, you could apply for all (although obviously the best in
Stockholm University as I can get you as my colleague).

A general link for all positions can be found here:
https://www.scilifelab.se/data-driven/fellows/

Here are links to the five positions

   - Stockholm University (2 positions)
   -
      https://www.su.se/english/about-the-university/work-at-su/available-jobs?rmpage=job&rmjob=15126&rmlang=UK
      - KTH: "A specific focus is the development of methods that take a
   quantitative approach to cell and molecular biology with potential to give
   new insights of biophysical relevance."
      -
      https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:406593/where:4/
   - Chalmers:
   -
      https://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/Working-at-Chalmers/Vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?rmpage=job&rmjob=9592
   - Linköping University
      - https://liu.se/jobba-pa-liu/lediga-jobb/ (link not available yet)

I would appreciate that if you could spread the information to any suitable
candidate, and if anyone wants to contact me please ask them to do so.

Yours

Arne

  Arne Elofsson                  Science for Life Laboratory
  Tel:+46-(0)70 695 1045   Stockholm University
  http://bioinfo.se/               Box 1031,
  Email: arne at bioinfo.se   17121 Solna, Sweden
  Twitter:   https://twitter.com/arneelof
  Scholar: http://scholar.google.se/citations?user=s3OCM3AAAAAJ