[SocBiN] Swedish-speaking professor of computer science at the University of Helsinki

Mäkinen, Veli A T veli.makinen at helsinki.fi
Wed Sep 28 17:18:50 CEST 2022

Forwarding the following announcement of an open professor position at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Helsinki:
***
Dear colleagues,

Apologies in case you get this message multiple times.

At the Department of Computer Science at University of Helsinki we have opened a position for a Swedish-speaking professor of computer science. The position is open at all levels (assistant, associate, full).

The announcement is available at https://jobs.helsinki.fi/job/Svenskspråkig-professor-eller-biträdande-professor-i-datavetenskap/753813502/ and the application deadline is October 31.

One of the main tasks of this position is to expand our Swedish-language computer science teaching at the BSc level and also participate in teacher education, by teaching basics of computer science and artificial intelligence to those studying to be teachers of natural sciences in schools. This is why the position requires fluent Swedish skills. We are trying to reach potential candidates in all Nordic countries.

Research area of the position is around AI and its societal implications, but qualified candidates in other areas of CS can also apply as long as there is some link to AI in their work. The language requirement is more important than the research area.

Please feel free to spread the announcement to any qualified and interested candidates you know.

Best regards,
Jussi

--
Jussi Kangasharju
Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki