[SocBiN] 1st Announcement - Summer School, Applied Deep Learning in Bioinformatics (Aug 6-10)

Betina Wingreen Jensen coordinator at rth.dk
Fri Jun 2 14:28:01 CEST 2023

Dear All,

We are delighted to announce that we from Aug 6-10 will be hosting the
Summer School – Applied Deep Learning in Bioinformatics at Frederiksberg
Campus.

The summer school is an opportunity for you to learn and get hands on
experience with data science techniques and how to apply these beyond the
topics of CRISPR and network biology.

Topics covered:

*	Textmining & Transformers
*	Language models for biological sequences
*	Variational autoencoders
*	Graph & networks
*	Practical Applications

The format will consist of an approximately equal mix of lectures and
hands-on. The four-day summer school will be followed by a symposium day -
open to all.

Who can register? - MSc students, PhDs and postdocs who are already
comfortable in programming (max capacity 30)

Price – the course is free, as it is supported by the CRISPRnet project
granted by the Novo Nordic Foundation

Stipends – a handful of stipends to cover travel and accommodation costs for
talented applicants, who could otherwise not afford to participate, will be
handed out.

LECTURERS

Arne Elofsson, Stockholm University

Christian Anthon, University of Copenhagen

Jan Gorodkin, University of Copenhagen

Lars Juhl Jensen, University of Copenhagen

Ole Winther, University of Copenhagen

Sampo Pyysalo, University of Turku

Simon Rasmussen, University of Copenhagen

Stefano Roncelli, University of Copenhagen

Application Deadline: June 18, 2023

For more information and registration go to https://shorturl.at/fxFGN

Successful applicant will get notified on June 23, 2023

Finally, on Aug 11, 2023,  a 1-day symposium will be held in Panum. This
event will be advertised separately. More info will follow about this
shortly.

Best wishes,

Betina

Betina Wingreen Jensen

Special Advisor/Project Manager

University of Copenhagen

Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences

Grønnegårdsvej 7 & Ridebanevej 9

1870 Frederiksberg C

DIR +45 35 33 47 04

MOB +45 21 51 09 32

 <mailto:bwj at sund.ku.dk> bwj at sund.ku.dk

<https://informationssikkerhed.ku.dk/english/protection-of-information-priva
cy/privacy-policy/> How we protect personal data