[Yxa-devel] Changing transport to TLS/TCP

Johan Vikman johan.vikman at mobilearts.com
Mon Sep 2 12:26:34 CEST 2013

Hi Fredrik,

Of course, below I describe one way this could happen, the yxa stack is used in the LRF node.

  UE                          E-CSCF                                                                          LRF       PSAP
1 |--SIP INVITE TCP-->|                                                                                     |              |
2 |                                     |--SIP INVITE TCP    -->                                            |              |
3 |                                     |<-- SIP 300 Multiple Choices using TLS/TCP -- |              |
4 |                                     |--SIP INVITE TLS/TCP------------------------------------------->|
5 |                                     |--200 OK --------------------------------------------------------------|

1. UE calls 112
2. E-CSCF does not know which PSAP to forward to, so it asks LRF
3. The LRF knows where the UE is and knows that for this case a PSAP using SIPS is configured for that area, and also that a location should be provided.
     Because the PSAP is uing SIPS, the LRF has to use TLS/TCP for the response.
4. E-CSCF forwards SIP INVITE to PSAP
5. PSAP 200 OK to E-CSCF
6. E-CSCF 200 OK to UE

My problem here is at message #3, the response back to E-CSCF, I do not know how to make yxa use TCP/TLS instead of TCP, or even if it is allowed to change transport in this fashion.

/Johan