[Bolincentret-at-su.se] Better analysis with python workshop

Liam Brannigan liam.brannigan at misu.su.se
Fri Sep 8 11:20:28 CEST 2017

We are organising an informal workshop in December to help scientists in the Bolin Centre to improve their analysis skills using python. The workshop will feature some short (20 minute) demonstrations on packages that might be useful to a wide range of people.

We are looking for people who would be interested in leading such short introductory demonstrations. You don't need to be an expert in the field, you just need to have a basic familiarity with it.  Topics (and sample packages) we are interested in include:

labelled data sets (e.g. pandas)

statistics and machine learning (e.g. sklearn, pystan)

data visualisation (e.g. altair or seaborn)

gridded data and netcdf files (e.g. iris or xarray)

Please get in touch if you would like to be involved!

Liam