[Inparanoid] InParanoid 4.1

Timon Hick hickt at smail.uni-koeln.de
Wed May 6 15:38:00 CEST 2015

Dear InParanoid-Mailinglist,

I am currently working on a project for which I need a bunch of
orthology information and I found your database/program to fit my needs.
In order to elucidate whether I should use the orthology data available
in the download section of your website or whether I should run the
program locally, some questions occured, which I wanted to post here,
hoping to get professional advice.

I subscribed for the standalone version 4.1 of InParanoid and ran it
(without changes in the script) on two sequence files, which I also got
from your website (v. 8.0, processed). I also loaded the respective
archive from your website and compared the sql-tables from both outputs.

As far as I am informed, the othology data available on your website
were obtained using the same version as me, so I thought the results
should be the same, but they were not.

So my question is, if you know, where these differences could come from.

Another question is, whether the intermediate files (BLAST-outputs) of
the runs from which the online available results came from, are
available too.

I really hope to get help from you and thank you in advance for every
answer.

Best Wishes

Timon