[OKC-CosmologyGravity] Cosmology and Astrophysics Network CANTATA

Edvard Mörtsell edvard at fysik.su.se
Fri May 13 12:05:47 CEST 2016

Sounds great, I'll look into the Memorandum of Understanding. I
immediately noted however that the summary could use some editing:
"Around 95% of the *substratum*... There are *auspicious* prospects ...
tools to *elucidate* ... reveal a degree of *incongruous* ..."
Really? ;-) / Edvard

Den 2016-05-12 kl. 09:15, skrev Marit Sandstad:

> ​​​
>

> Dear colleague working on cosmology or astrophysics in Sweden,
>
> On behalf of its Management Committee, we would hereby like to
> introduce you to the Cosmology and Astrophysics Network for
> Theoretical Advances and Training Actions (CANTATA), which is
> supported by the European Cooperation in Science and Technology
> (COST). The aim of CANTATA is to create new and support existing
> collaborations of researchers across Europe, working in the fields of
> gravity and its interplay with quantum field theory, modifications of
> General Relativity, theoretical and observational cosmology and
> astrophysics. Its scientific focus is on modifications of General
> Relativity, their possible role to explain cosmological observations
> commonly ascribed to dark matter and dark energy, and their possible
> experimental tests. To support the collaboration in these fields,
> CANTATA has three working groups (WGs), and offers support through
> workshops, training schools and short term scientific missions
> (STSMs). As a researcher working in these fields, in particular as a
> young researcher or PhD student, you might be interested in joining
> these working groups:
>
> 1. Modified gravity
> Leader: Prof. Salvatore Capozziello, salvatore.capozziello at gmail.com
> <mailto:salvatore.capozziello at gmail.com>
> Co-leader: Dr. Prado Martín-Moruno, pradomm at ucm.es <mailto:pradomm at ucm.es>
>
> 2. Relativistic effects
> Leader: Prof. David F. Mota, mota at astro.uio.no <mailto:mota at astro.uio.no>
> Co-leader: Prof. Mariafelicia De Laurentis, mfdelaurentis at tspu.edu.ru
> <mailto:mfdelaurentis at tspu.edu.ru>
>
> 3. Observational discriminators
> Leader: Dr. Alessandra Silvestri, silvestri at lorentz.leidenuniv.nl
> <mailto:silvestri at lorentz.leidenuniv.nl>
> Co-leader: Dr. Vincenzo Salzano, enzo.salzano at wmf.univ.szczecin.pl
> <mailto:enzo.salzano at wmf.univ.szczecin.pl>
>
> If you would like to get involved with a working group, please contact
> their leader or co-leader.
>
> For further information about CANTATA, please visit the action website:
>
> http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15117
>
> Please feel free to forward this mail to other members of the
> cosmology and astrophysics research community in Sweden, who might be
> interested in joining the CANTATA network.
>
> Best regards,
> Marit Sandstad & Tomi Koivisto

Edvard Mortsell
Stockholm University