[OKC-CosmologyGravity] C&G - Brainstorming session on Measurements and tensions with the Hubble parameter

Martina Gerbino martina.gerbino at fysik.su.se
Mon Sep 18 21:54:38 CEST 2017

Dear all,

we would like to organise a brainstorming session during the C&G meeting on Oct 11 (thanks to Semeli for the nice suggestion!). We will choose a broad topic and ask a few people (3-4 people max) to give a very short presentation (5 mins max, no slides required!) about a specific aspect related to the main topic. After/during the short presentations, we would like you all to join the discussion.

The topic for the first session is 'Measurements and tensions with the Hubble parameter'.
The suggested subtopics are the following:
- indirect measurements from cosmology
- direct measurements (e.g. supernovae, time delays in strongly lensed systems)
- reducing the tension between indirect/direct measurements in extended cosmological models
- the Hubble bubble proposal

Sunny and I are happy to cover the first and last subtopics. We are looking for volunteers to cover the remaining two topics (e.g. Suhail, you mentioned you could talk about the third point?). If you are interested please choose a topic and let us know no later than the next C&G meeting (Sep 27).

See you there,
Sunny and Martina