[OKC-CosmologyGravity] [OKC C&G] Zoom talk today 13.15 CET

Keir Rogers keir.rogers at fysik.su.se
Wed Mar 25 12:46:31 CET 2020

Dear all,

Below is the Zoom link for today's OKC Cosmology & Gravity meeting, where our own Raffaella Capasso will present:

Galaxy dynamics in clustersThe phase-space distribution of tracers in galaxy clusters is a powerful tool that can be used to test the mass distribution of dark matter haloes as predicted in large-scale structure cosmological simulations, as well as to provide information about the formation and evolution of cluster member galaxies.
Exploiting analytical and numerical tools, I analysed the phase-space distribution of gravitationally interacting N-body systems. I performed a dynamical analysis applying the spherically-symmetric Jeans equation, using the cluster’s member galaxies as tracer of its gravitational potential. I will present the results of this study, performed on a sample of 110 Sunyaev-Zel’dovich effect (SZE) selected galaxy clusters from the South Pole Telescope (SPT). I will compare the resulting dynamical masses to theoretical expectations, and examine the bias between between these masses and the masses inferred from the SZE observable in a flat ΛCDM cosmology consistent with Planck CMB data.
Finally, I will show how to extend this analysis to calibrate mass-observable relations, linking the mass of galaxy clusters to readily obtainable observables.

Keir Rogers is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OKC C&G

Time: Mar 25, 2020 01:15 PM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting

https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/113172569