[Okc-wp4] EO meeting

Francesco Taddia ftadd at astro.su.se
Mon Jan 11 14:31:59 CET 2016

Dear all,

this Thursday (14 Jan., 13:00-14:00, KTH meeting room, 5th floor)
we will have our first EO meeting of this year.
Raghnild Lunnan (Caltech/OKC) will give a talk titled:

"Superluminous Supernovae from Pan-STARRS and PTF”

Here the abstract:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Superluminous supernovae (SLSNe) are a rare class of stellar explosions discovered by wide-field optical transient surveys in the past decade. They are characterized by
peak luminosities 10-100 times that of ordinary core-collapse and Type Ia SNe, requiring either an additional energy source beyond Ni decay or an exotic explosion
mechanism. In this talk, I will give an overview of SLSN observations and modeling, and highlight recent results from the Pan-STARRS Medium Deep Survey and the Palomar
Transient Factory.

cheers

/Francesco
Francesco Taddia