[Okc-wp4] EO meeting Sept. 13th

Francesco Taddia ftadd at astro.su.se
Tue Sep 11 15:32:40 CEST 2018

Hi all,

we restart with our EO meetings after the summer with Evan O’Connor
talking about: "Neutrino Transport Comparisons in Core-Collapse Supernovae"

Here the abstract:
Neutrino transport in both core-collapse supernovae and compact object mergers is crucial in order to capture the correct dynamical and chemical evolution of the matter.  In this talk I will present the results from two recent core-collapse supernova studies comparing neutrino transport in eight different codes with five different neutrino transport methods. I will also briefly show some results of neutrino transport in compact object mergers and the impact that different neutrino transport approximations can have on the chemical evolution.

Time & place : this Thursday (Sept. 13), at 13:00, KTH meeting room on the 5th floor

cheers

/Francesco