[Okc-wp4] EO meeting Thu Nov 5 @ 13:15 via Zoom

Andre Schneider andre.schneider at astro.su.se
Thu Nov 5 02:41:28 CET 2020

Reminder of the EO meeting this afternoon!

On Nov 3, 2020 11:53, Andre Schneider <andre.schneider at astro.su.se> wrote:

Dear colleagues,

our next EO meeting will take place this Thursday Nov 5 at 13:15 via Zoom.
The meeting will be online. To join access <https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/61497979368> https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/65928545270
You will be able to enter the meeting room from 13:00. See below for other methods to participate.

This week Ana Sagués Carracedo from Stockholm University will present

Title: Constraints on detection rate and properties of kilonovae with the Zwicky Transient Facility

Abstract: LIGO and VIRGO's third observing run concluded, and 13 merger candidates involving at least one neutron star were followed-up by optical wide-field surveys like the Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF). The observations and kilonova identification have proven to be challenging. Some of the difficulties rase from poor localization maps together with the lack of knowledge of a kilonovae population that is intrinsically fainter than common supernovae and with rapid evolution. After an extraordinary effort from the multimessenger astronomy community, no electromagnetic source has been identified as a confident counterpart of gravitational waves signals. During my talk, I am going to show you the scientific implications of non-detections recently published using ZTF data. We are able to competitively constraint the detection rate of kilonovae (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2008.00008.pdf) as well as its luminosity function (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2006.11306.pdf). With deep enough observations and assuming theoretical models, we are able to put strong constraints on the ejecta parameters for the first neutron star-black hole (NSBH) merger candidates in gravitational waves (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.07210.pdf).

See you then!

Andre da Silva Schneider is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: EO Meeting
Time: Nov 5, 2020 01:00 PM Stockholm
        Every 2 weeks on Thu, 4 occurrence(s)
        Nov 5, 2020 01:00 PM