[Okc-wp4] EO meeting Thu Dec 17 @ 13:15 via Zoom

Andre Schneider andre.schneider at astro.su.se
Thu Dec 17 02:06:48 CET 2020

Reminder of our last EO meeting of the year today at 13:15.

On Dec 15, 2020 11:17, Andre Schneider <andre.schneider at astro.su.se> wrote:

Dear colleagues,

our next EO meeting will take place this Thursday Dec 17 at 13:15 via Zoom.
The meeting will be online. To join access <https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/61497979368> https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/65928545270
You will be able to enter the meeting room from 13:00. See below for other methods to participate.

This week Aurore Betranhandy from Stockholm University will present

Title:  ”How can neutrinos treatment affect CCSNe explosions?”

Abstract : "Core collapse supernovae, CCSNe are some of the most extreme events in our universe. Birthplace of neutron star and of most stellar mass black hole, their precise physics is however still uncertain. Observations give us precious insight on the final explosion but different central engines can birth similar CCSNe. Neutrinos are one of those messengers, however  they do not only give us precious informations about the central engine, they also are a key mechanism of the actual explosion. As neutrinos are so important, we need to pay a close attention to their treatment in our simulations. Hence the tittle of this talk,"how can neutrinos treatment affect CCSNe explosions?". We will begin by briefly recap stellar evolution to continue with CCSNe mechanism and observations and end up with neutrino interactions and their impact on CCSNe physics."

See you then!

Andre da Silva Schneider is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: EO Meeting
Time: Nov 5, 2020 01:00 PM Stockholm
        Every 2 weeks on Thu, 4 occurrence(s)
        Nov 5, 2020 01:00 PM