[Okc-wp4] Informal end-of-the-year-update on modelling MM-events

Stephan Rosswog stephan.rosswog at astro.su.se
Thu Nov 25 12:18:15 CET 2021

Dear all

I hope you are doing fine in these dark and pandemic times....

I  think that it would be good to have an update/virtual get-together
on our **modelling efforts on multi-messenger astrophysics**.
Everybody who is interested is more than welcome to join the meeting,
but I would like to keep the focus on the theoretical modelling.

I understand that there has been substantial progress since last summer and
we have "accreted" further experts on various aspects of these complex phenomena
(I am aware of Haakon Andresen (equation of state effects in CC-supernovae),
Eliot Ayache [radiation modelling of GRBs],   Bhaskar Biswas
[infering nuclear matter properties from multi-messenger observations], Nikil Sarin
[observational consequences of BNS mergers], but there may be more new scientists
that I have not met yet...if you feel that you are one them, please introduce yourself!).
Therefore it makes a lot of sense to have an informal get-together to meet the
new (or not so new) collaborators and to understand what drives them...

The idea is to have an afternoon with short, very informal talks with plenty
of time for questions. Unfortunately, the end of the year is an exceptionally
busy time of the year for most of us and therefore it may be a challenge to
find an afternoon that works for everybody. We should nevertheless try...

Here are some suggestions for time slots, please indicate times that would work
for you: https://whenisgood.net/jchg3sc
(also joining for only part of the afternoon is fine, of course).
Hope we find a suitable date...

All the best and stay healthy!
Stephan

P.S. Please feel free to forward this message to anyone at OKC that you think may be
interested.

Prof. Dr. Stephan Rosswog
Computational High-Energy Astrophysics

The Oskar Klein Centre for Cosmoparticle Physics
Department of Astronomy, Stockholm University
AlbaNova, Roslagstullbacken 21
SE-10691 Stockholm, Sweden

Email: stephan.rosswog at astro.su.se<mailto:stephan.rosswog at astro.su.se>
Tel.:     +46 (0)8 5537 8529