[Okc-wp4] EO meeting: 27th of January

Davide Gizzi davide.gizzi at astro.su.se
Thu Jan 20 15:04:26 CET 2022

Dear all,

our first EO meeting of the year will take place on Thursday, 27th of January, at 13:15 (CET).

The speaker is Aurore Betranhandy, PhD student in her final year of study, working with prof. Evan O'Connor on simulations of core-collapse supernovae explosions. Aurore has recently got a postdoc position at the Albert Einstein Institute in Potsdam, where she is going to work with prof. Masaru Shibata.

To join the meeting:

https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/65883589027?pwd=RGxJOUVQWmNtMlZFMUIwaHRabkExdz09

Meeting ID: 658 8358 9027

Below is title and abstract of the talk.

Title:

Axion emission impact on Core-Collapse Supernovae simulations

Abstract:

Core-Collapse Supernovae (CCSNe) are some of the most important phenomenon in the Universe, from their impact on the nucleosynthesis to being the birth place of neutron stars. However, the exact mechanisms behind the final explosion is still unobserved and we have to rely on simulations to try and understand them. Axions have been suggested as being important particles in CCSN simulations due to their impact on the proto-neutron star cooling. In this talk I will explain how we did include axion emission in our simulation code FLASH and then present our latest results with 1D and 2D simulations showing the impact of said inclusion.

Hope to see you there!

Ana Sagués Carracedo & Davide Gizzi