[Okc-wp4] EO meeting: 3rd of March

Davide Gizzi davide.gizzi at astro.su.se
Thu Feb 24 07:48:59 CET 2022

Dear all,

our next EO meeting will be next Thursday, 3rd of March, at 13:15 (CET).
The speaker is Steve Schulze, postdoctoral researcher at the department of Physics, Stockholm University.
You can find title and abstract of talk below.

To join the meeting:
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/65883589027?pwd=RGxJOUVQWmNtMlZFMUIwaHRabkExdz09

Meeting ID: 658 8358 9027

Title:
The discovery of a new type of core-collapse supernovae and their connection with Wolf-Rayet stars

Abstract:
The Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF) monitors the entire northern hemisphere every two nights, pushing the transient discovery rate to a new order of scale. In addition, one of the ZTF partnership surveys scans a smaller area of the sky six times every night. This opens the opportunity to map out existing gaps in the transient phase-space and search for theoretically predicted but not yet detected phenomena. One of those previously unknown transient classes is SN Icn. In 2019, ZTF detected the first member of this new SN class. Recently, Gal-Yam et al. (2022) published the first study on the first SN Icn 2019hgp, followed by Perley et al. (2022), who studied the second SN Icn 2021csp in unprecedented detail. In this talk, I present our current understanding of SNe Icn, how these extreme objects fit in the zoo of other core-collapse SNe, and the implications for our understanding of the fates of massive stars.

Hope to see you there!

Ana Sagués Carracedo & Davide Gizzi