[Okc-wp4] EO meetng 02/02/2023 in MEGA at 13:00

Haakon Andresen haakon.andresen at astro.su.se
Wed Jan 25 15:34:33 CET 2023

Dear Everyone,

It is time to kick off this years EO meetings. Our first meeting of 2023 will take place next week, Thursday 2nd of February in MEGA at 13.00.
Our speaker Michele Zanolin is an active member of the LVK burst grupe, the part of the Ligo-Virgo-Kagra collaboration that deals with burst like signals. Michele will be around for a few days, so anyone interested in talking to him let me know.

Best,
Haakon (on behalf of the EO meeting organizers)

Title:Parameter estimation with Gravitational Waves from Core Collapse Supernovae

Abstract:
Parameter estimation and multimessenger astronomy with gravitational waves (GWs) from Compact Binary Coalescences are already a reality thanks to the recent observation runs of laser interferometers around the globe. For core collapse supernovae (CCSNe) we are still working on the foundations of the corresponding research program. In this talk I will review a series of recent methodological papers describing how the deterministic features of GWs from CCSNe could be evaluated, including in multimessenger schemes. The relevance for searches in future observational runs and interferometers will also be discussed.

Time: Thursday 2nd of February, 13.00
Where: MEGA room, NORDITA.