[Socbin] [Fwd: Professor of Bioinformatics @ Tartu]

Jaak Vilo vilo at egeen.ee
Mon Oct 24 14:54:59 CEST 2005

I would like to draw you rattention to the following opening
that has been announced in Nature recently.
Jaak Vilo

Centre of Molecular and Clinical Medicine of University of Tartu
invites applications for a position as

Professor of Bioinformatics

Candidates must hold a PhD in Bioinformatics, Biomedicine or a related
field, possess at least one year of postdoctoral experience, and have a
productive research record. We also encourage candidates with strong
genomics, proteomics, metabolomics or imaging background to apply.
Candidates should not be citizens of the Estonia. However, exceptions
will be made if candidate has not resided in Estonia during last 5 years.

The successful applicant will be expected to establish and maintain an
independent and externally funded research program and contribute to the
education of undergraduate and graduate students.

The appointment is initially for a period of 2.5 years (starting from
1.1.2006) with annual net salary around 30 000 EUR.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of their
research interests and a statement of their teaching interests and
experience by email to the cmcm at ut.ee no later than November 20, 2005.

Informal inquiries about the position may be made to Dr Allen Kaasik
(Allen.Kaasik at ut.ee).

Further information can be found at the following web sites:
Centre of Molecular and Clinical Medicine:  http://cmcm.ut.ee
University of Tartu: http://www.ut.ee