[Socbin] SBW2006 - Abstract deadline Sunday October 29

Åsa Björklund asbj at sbc.su.se
Mon Oct 16 10:25:54 CEST 2006

7th Swedish Bioinformatics Workshop 2006 for PhD students and Postdocs
Friday and Saturday, November 24-25 at the Alba Nova University Center,
Stockholm

This year's Swedish Bioinformatics Workshop (SBW2006) for PhD students
and Postdocs will be held at Alba Nova University Center in Stockholm.
To submit a poster or talk abstract you must register before the 29th of
October, and to register for the Workshop, the deadline is the 10th of
November. The workshop is free of charge for the intended participants.
To register, please fill out the form at:
http://www.sbc.su.se/SBW2006/registration/

The senior speakers of the workshop will be:

   * Christine Orengo, University College London, UK
   * Siv Andersson, Department of Evolution, Genomics and Systematics,
Uppsala University
   * Mathias Uhlén, Department of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of
Technology (KTH), Stockholm
   * Hugh Salter, Pharmacogenomics, AstraZeneca R&D, Södertälje

As usual, the majority of the talks will be given by participating PhD
students and Postdocs.

We would like to encourage all of you to register for a talk and/or
bring a poster. The purpose of SBW is to give young bioinformaticians
the chance to meet, exchange ideas, and keep up to date with the current
research. SBW is a great opportunity to present your work and gain
valuable experience and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you in November!

The SBW2006 organizers