[Socbin] Fwd: Research Group Leader Opening @ EBI

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Fri Oct 5 22:13:25 CEST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janet Thornton <thornton at ebi.ac.uk>

Dear All,

EBI is currently seeking to recruit a new research group leader to
complement our current research activities. We are keen to expand our
research into the areas of comparative genomics and large scale sequence
analysis, chemo-informatics and population genetics, but will favour
outstanding candidates from any area of computational biology.

All details are available at the following web page

http://www-db.embl.de/jss/servlet/de.embl.bk.emblGroups.JobsPage/07121EBI.html

Please may I ask you to inform any suitable candidate and encourage them
to apply.

Many thanks

Janet

Text of Advert:

Group Leader

Grade: 9

EMBL site: EMBL-EBI Hinxton

Commencing date: To be determined

Job description: The EMBL-EBI, located near Cambridge, UK on the Welcome
Trust Genome Campus, is a global centre for molecular biology data,
hosting the very large sequence, structure and expression data resources
in Europe as well as seven research groups. We are seeking a dynamic
computational biologist, with a proven track record, to establish a new
research group to complement our current programme. At the EBI, research
is pursued in many different aspects of biology, exploiting and helping
to interpret the biological data held in the databases. Currently
research topics include sequence analysis, computational genomics,
phylogeny, structural biology, regulatory control networks, functional
genomics, neurobiology and literature/text mining. In addition, research
activities are an important part of several of the large data resource
teams, which also provide services. We are keen to expand our research
into the areas of comparative genomics and large scale sequence
analysis, chemo-informatics and population genetics, but will favour
outstanding candidates from any area of computational biology. The
candidate will join a strong and supportive group of young research
group leaders and will interact closely with the large database teams,
benefiting from their technical expertise and scientific knowledge.
EMBL-EBI provides an excellent research environment including
computational facilities and support.

Contract: An initial contract of 5 years will be offered to the
successful candidate. This can be renewed, depending on circumstances at
the time of review.

Closing date: 28 October 2007

Web page: http://www.ebi.ac.uk

EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive
conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research
organisation.

Please note that EMBL does not return CVs or attached documents to
applicants.

For further information about the position please contact the Director
of the EMBL-EBI Janet Thornton doffice at ebi.ac.uk.

To apply, please email a CV, three references and a concise description
of research interests and future plans quoting ref. no. W/07/121/EBI in
the subject line, to: applications at ebi.ac.uk

Personnel, EMBL, Postfach 10.2209, 69012 Heidelberg, Germany.

Fax: +49 6221 387555       E-mail:  application at embl.de