[Socbin] **RSG, Denmark** Call :'Systems Biology in present day Bioinformatics'

Prash prash at ruc.dk
Mon Jan 7 12:27:26 CET 2008

Dear All,
As a session organizer of the following conference, I would like to invite you
all for your participation in Florida
http://www.infocybereng.org/imeti2008/Invitedsession/ISOrganization.asp?vc=6

The detailed information on participation follows my signature:

Best,
prash

----- Forwarded message from citsa2008 at mail.infocybereng.org -----
    Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 19:46:44 -0400
    From: citsa2008 at mail.infocybereng.org
 Subject: CITSA 2008 Invited Session Acceptation
      To: prash at ruc.dk

Dear Prashanth Suravajhala:

Thank you for submitting your proposal for organizing an invited session
titled: 'Systems Biology in present day Bioinformatics'.

It is our pleasure to inform you that the title of the invited session
you proposed has been accepted, i.e. the invited session was
pre-approved. As soon as you collect, review and approve at least 5
papers to be presented in your session, we will process your invited
session proposal for its definitive approval and its inclusion in the
Conference Program. Since you will be organizing the session, you will
also chair it, or you can appoint its chair.

We would like to inform you that organizers of invited sessions with the
best performance will be co-editors of the proceedings volume where
their session's papers were included, and co-editors of the electronic
proceedings in CD.They will also be candidates for invited editors, or
co-editors, of a possible JSCI journal issue with a special area related
to the topic of their invited session's papers. Furthermore, they will
chair their respective invited session and will be asked to choose the
best paper of it.The best 30% of all (invited and regular) sessions'
best papers will be published in the JSCI Journal. This journal is
published in electronic and hard copy versions. The hard copy version is
being sent, via complimentary subscriptions for 2 years, to 200
universities' and research organizations' libraries.The organizations of
the authors publishing in the JSCI are the candidates with the first
priority to receive complimentary subscriptions of all the journal's
issues for the next 2 or 3 years.

We are pleased to send you the following information related to the
organizing process of an invited session, where you have already covered
the first 3 steps:

1) Identify a special topic in the scope of CITSA 2008, and the invited
session title

2) Fill the invited session organization form, provided in the
conference web page http://infocybereng.org/CITSA2008/organizer.asp If
for any reason you are not able to access the page mentioned above,
please, try the following page:
http://infocybereng.org/CITSA2008/default.asp. If you don’t have access
to the web, please, contact the CITSA 2008 Secretariat to the following
e-mail: citsa2008 at mail.infocybereng.org.

3) If the identified topic is suitable, the General Chair will accept
the proposal, and you will receive an acceptation by e-mail, in a few
days. This acceptation is not a final approval of the proposed session,
but a pre-approval. The final approval will depend on identifying at
least five papers for the proposed session, to be presented at the
conference, and informing, at least, about their titles. With this
acceptation: a) the proposed session will be included in the conference
web page as well as its organizer’s and chair’s names, and b) its
organizer will be able to announce his/her invited session in the
context of CITSA 2008, by any media that he/she thinks appropriate, such
as: Web page, hard-copy call for papers, call for papers attached to
e-mails, etc. The invited session organizer has the responsibility of
his or her session content.

4) Contact researchers and/or practitioners in your field to see if they
can contribute a paper to your proposed session and attend CITSA 2008.

5) Collect the extended abstracts or the paper drafts from each
prospective participant.

6) As soon as you have 5 reviewed and accepted papers, you will complete
the form regarding the invited session papers, provided in the
conference web page http://infocybereng.org/CITSA2008/organizer.asp .

7) Step 6 will take your invited session to the status of an approved
one if the papers fulfill all the requirements (i.e. quality). All the
approved invited sessions will be included in the CITSA 2008 Conference
Program.

8) No author, including the organizer, can present more than two papers
in the invited session. A scholar/researcher can co-author more papers,
but he, or she, cannot present more than two papers in the same invited
session.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the role of
invited session organizers.

An invited session organizer has a similar role to the invited editor in
a journal, i.e. he or she is invited to identify and look for high
quality papers, to review the papers of his, or her, session, to select
the reviewers that will help him, or her, and to decide which papers
he/she wants to be presented at the respective invited session.

The invitation is an academic, not a financial one, because,
unfortunately, we have no financial sponsor and the conference should
self-finance itself. Consequently, we cannot make any financial
commitment.

In this way we are trying to give a first step in re-engineering the
process of organizing a conference: to move decisions to the right
people, to those interfacing with the conference users, for example, the
authors. Our experience in the last 10 events we organized showed us
that the invited organizers help a lot into achieving higher quality
levels. So, an invited session organizer can dedicate his/her time and
efforts to improve the papers quality in the research area of his/her
interest and CITSA 2008 Organizing Committee will provide him/her with
the place, the logistics, the proceedings, the intellectual and the
physical context, etc. All that the invited session organizer has to
worry about is the quality of the papers to be presented in her/his
session(s). Every session organizer will chair his/her session(s), and
will be a member of CITSA 2008 Program Committee and might be one of the
co-editors of one volume of the hard copy and the CD version of the
proceedings, if his/her session(s) is(are) among the largest invited
session(s) published in the respective volume. Depending on the quality
and quantity of the papers of his/her session(s), as well as on the
scope of the possible interested audience, IIIS may ask him/her, to
edit, or co-edit, a multiple authors book to be published.

An invited Session Organizer is in charge of the reviewing process of
her/his invited session papers (directly and/or by means of a Focal
Program Committee she/he selects for her/his session), and she/he can
make her/his own timetable, as long as the camera-ready papers are ready
by the respective deadline, and she/he informs us about the initial set
of accepted papers (at least 5 titles and their respective authors and
e-mails) by the announced respective deadline. The invited session
organizer has the autonomy required as to be the responsible regarding
the quality of the papers to be presented in his, or her, session.

The Invited Session organizer will chair his/her session. While chairing
it, she/he will determine oral presentation time according to the number
of participants physically present. Usually 2-2:30 hours are allocated
for each session containing an average of 5 papers, with a maximum of 6.
Sometimes we include 7 papers in a session because statistically 10-15%
of the registered persons don't show up. Then, when we allocate 7
papers, we are expecting a maximum of 6 oral presentations. When an
Invited Session has more than 7 papers with their respective 7
registered participants, we allocate them into two time blocks of 2-2:30
hours for each block. When an Invited Session has more than 14 papers
(and their respective registered participants), we allocate the
presentation in three time blocks of 2-2:30 hours each block, and soon.

An invited session organizer can organize and chair several invited
sessions in the same topic and with the same title, or she/he can
organize several sessions in different topics and with different titles.

If an Invited Session Organizer has an unforeseen hindrance in the last
moment, and cannot be physically present in the conference, she/he will
advice us about the author (of the session) that can chair for her/him
session, and the invited session organizer can still be a co-editor of
the proceedings and/or be selected to co-edit a multiple authors book
based fundamentally on the papers of her/his session, as long as the
requirements given above are fulfilled.

Prashanth Suravajhala
PhD Fellow
http://ruc.dk/~prash/

 The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason
for existing ~Albert Einstein