[Socbin] CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: 4th ISCB Student Council Symposium

Prash prash at ruc.dk
Sun Mar 16 20:19:18 CET 2008

Dear colleagues,

we would like to invite you to participate in the 4th ISCB Student
Council Symposium and the Visual Reflections on Science Exhibition
that will take place at ISMB 2008 in Toronto (Canada). Both events are
organized by the ISCB Student Council.

Please see the calls for participation below for details and forward
this anyone who might be interested. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Nils Gehlenborg
Chair, ISCB Student Council

Lucia Peixoto
Chair, 4th ISCB Student Council Symposium

Milana Frenkel-Morgenstern
Chair, Visual Reflections on Science Exhibition

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: 4th ISCB Student Council Symposium

   * Website: http://symposium.iscbsc.org

   * Date & Location: Friday, 18 July 2008 in Toronto, Canada

   * Submission Deadline: 26 May 2008

   * Registration Fee: 60 US Dollars (incl. lunch and coffee breaks).
     ISMB 2008 registration not required.

We are accepting submissions for both posters and oral presentations
and will award the best of each category.

This year's panel discussion topic will be "Career Paths in
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology", and will provide delegates
with the opportunity to ask questions about their career future they
always wanted to ask but never had a chance to.

Furthermore, we will have keynotes by renowned scientists, student
presentations and a poster session.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: Visual Reflections on Science Exhibition

   * Website: http://www.iscb.org/ismb2008/vrs_instructions.php

   * Date & Location: Open for the duration of ISMB in Toronto, Canada

   * Submission Deadline: 11 April 2008

For the ISMB 2008 Visual Reflections on Science Exhibition we invite
all interested conference attendees to submit artistic images and
videos that have been generated as part of a research project. We are
also soliciting images and videos resulting from creative efforts that
involve scientific concepts or employ scientific tools and methods.

Participate in this exciting new ISMB event to surprise and inspire
us, to open our eyes and minds!

Prashanth Suravajhala
PhD Fellow
http://ruc.dk/~prash/

"If I give you a pfennig, you will be one pfennig richer and I'll be one
pfennig poorer. But if I give you an idea, you will have a new idea, but I
shall still have it, too. " ~~ Albert Einstein