[Socbin] Fwd: 5th ISCB Student Council Symposium!

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Sat May 30 22:28:43 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Noura Chelbat <chelbat at bioinf.jku.at>
Date: Sat, May 30, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Subject: 5th ISCB Student Council Symposium!
To: arve at csc.kth.se, hammond at kth.se, legeryd at kth.se, oskar.thorin at sbc.su.se,
maria.bendz at sbc.su.se, asbj at sbc.su.se, robin.chatterjee at sbc.su.se,
diaek at sbc.su.se, arne at sbc.su.se, johannes.freyskott at sbc.su.se,
linhe at sbc.su.se, aron.hennerdal at cbr.su.se, kriil at sbc.su.se,
wiktor.jurkowski at sbc.su.se, per.larsson at sbc.su.se, sagit at cbr.su.se,
marcin.skwark at sbc.su.se, karin.julenius at sbc.su.se, giorgio.giurato at sbc.su.se,
lukas.kall at cbr.su.se, jensl at csc.kth.se, schmitzb at sbc.su.se,
ichard.schobesberger at sbc.su.se, farahani at sbc.su.se, joelgs at sbc.su.se,
alix at kth.se, osv at sbc.su.se, rossen at cbr.su.se, bjelkmar at cbr.su.se,
annj at sbc.su.se, lindahl at sbc.su.se, samuel.murail at cbr.su.se, pronk at sbc.su.se,
arjun at cbr.su.se, christine.schwaiger at cbr.su.se, bens at sbc.su.se,
Andrey.Alexeyenko at sbc.su.se, pbh at sbc.su.se, krifo at sbc.su.se,
oliver.frings at sbc.su.se, anna.henricson at ki.se, david.messina at sbc.su.se,
tobias.neumann at sbc.su.se, philipp.rescheneder at sbc.su.se,
sanjit.roopra at sbc.su.se, thomas.schmitt at sbc.su.se, Erik.Sonnhammer at sbc.su.se,
gabriel.ostlund at sbc.su.se, joanna.slusky at sbc.su.se, gunnar at dbb.su.se,
arve+web at csc.kth.se <arve%2Bweb at csc.kth.se>

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Dear fellow Computational Biologists,

Register today to participate in the 5th ISCB Student Council Symposium on
June 27th 2009 in Stockholm!

Website: http://symposium.iscbsc.org/
Date and Location: Saturday, June 27th 2009 in Stockholm International Fairs
(Sweden)
Registration Fee: 75 euro (incl. lunch, coffee breaks and abstract booklet)

What is the Student Council Symposium? It is a forum for students and young
researchers in the fields of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn from top scientists in the
fields as well as young colleagues, build a network within the computational
biology community and develop important soft skills in an environment that
fosters exchange of ideas and knowledge.

We have an impressive array of invited speakers this year, including Trey
Ideker (UC Sand Diego, USA), this year's Overton prize awardee, Michal
Linial (Hebrew University of Jerusalem ,Israel) and Peer Bork (EMBL
Heidelberg, Germany). Also, this year's panel discussion topic will be
"Bioinformatics in the era of personal genomics" and Wolfgang Huber
(EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK) will give an overview of R/Bioconductor focusing on
genetics of complex phenotypes. Moreover eight student have been selected
from their submitted abstracts to give a presentation of their work.

We hope the symposium will provide students with the opportunity to discuss
their work and interact closely with other students as well as with the
keynote speakers and panelists we have this year.

We hope to see you in Stockholm,

Lucia Peixoto
Chair 5th ISCB Student Council Symposium
Jeroen de Ridder
Co-Chair 5th ISCB Student Council Symposium

--
Fellow Researcher D-I. Noura Chelbat  Institute of Bioinformatics Johannes
Kepler University Linz Altenbergestrasse 69 ,A 4040 Phone : +43 0732 2468

http://www.smbi-maroc.org/RSG/rsgfinalweb.htm

Active member of the ISCB Student council
http://www.iscbsc.org/

Prof.  Arne Elofsson      Dep of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Tel:+46-8-16 4672      Stockholm University
Fax:+46-8-15 3679      10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Directions: see http://bioinfo.se/misc/directions.html
Net: arne at bioinfo.se   http://bioinfo.se/