[Socbin] PhD in bioinformatics/data mining

Jaak Vilo vilo at ut.ee
Fri May 7 10:37:28 CEST 2010

Dear prospective PhD candidates,

We have available funding to invite foreign PhD students to perform
PhD studies at University of Tartu, Estonia (www.ut.ee).

My research group BIIT is involved in gene regulation, stem cell, and
cancer studies using data mining, machine learning, and systems biology
approaches. And we are moving towards next-gen sequencing and
population-wide biobank (DNA-environment-health) data analysis.

Secondly, we have ongoing collaborative research with industry through
the Software Technologies and Applications Competence Center (www.stacc.ee).

Interested candidates, please send your CV-s and motivation letters
directly to me. Due short deadlines, please send it ASAP.

Regards,

-Jaak Vilo

--
Prof. Jaak Vilo